PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed term
Duration: until November 2020
Unit: Educational Programs
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Date of application submission: 15/03/2020
JOB VACANCY: CHILD FRIENDLY SPACE (CFS) FACILITATOR
(position code: CFS Facilitator_04/2020)
The CFS Facilitator provides educational activities and creative engagement of children beneficiaries of the Integration Learning Center under the guidance and instructions of the Integration Learning Center Coordinator. The CFS Facilitator must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among children and respect the skills and cultural background of each. S/he should promote fair play, collaboration and critical thinking. S/he is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he/she performs his/her duties during working hours.
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders, and abilities
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure activities consistent with programme guidelines
- Create a vibrant atmosphere.
- University Degree in Social Sciences (i.e., Education, Psychology, Social Work etc.)
- At least one (1) year experience in working with migrant/refugee children
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of Arabic/Kurdish/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com e-mail address, clearly stating the “CFS Facilitator_04/2020” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 15/03/2020.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of SolidarityNow and IOM and/or any other International Organizations (EU, UNHCR, UNICEF etc.)