PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: UKRAINIAN INTERPRETER (position code: INTERPRETER-03.2022)
“HELIOS” INTEGRATION PROJECT
Type of contract: Fixed – term
Status: Full-time (08:30-16:30 Monday-Friday)
Salary: 900-950€/month (net)
Duration: until January 2023 (with possibility of project-funding extension)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Deadline for application submission: 25/10/2022
- Facilitates discussions, using interpretation and/or translation, oral and/or written, that every beneficiary understands, between beneficiaries and staff in order to help them understand the activities and the different type of services provided, communicate their requests to cover any needs.
- Assists the ILC Coordinator/Educational Team Leader in the provision of interpretation, translation services and completing administrative tasks.
- Assists the ILC Educator(s) in the provision of interpretation during non-formal education classes in Greek language, soft skills lessons and outdoor activities.
- Translates texts and announcements related to the educational project.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in working on educational projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian language is mandatory. Good knowledge of English is mandatory and/or Greek is highly appreciated.
- Permission to work legally in Greece.
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management.
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to beneficiaries’ culture, customs and way of life.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context under which the organization operates.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries whom the organization serves.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “INTERPRETER-03.2022” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 25/10/2022.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)