PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: GREEK LANGUAGE EDUCATOR (position code: EDUCATOR-04.2022)
“HELIOS” INTEGRATION PROJECT
Type of contract: Fixed – term
Status: Full-time (08:30-16:30 Monday-Friday)
Salary: 900-950€/month (net)
Duration: until January 2023 (with possibility of project-funding extension)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Deadline for application submission: 25/10/2022
The Non-Formal Educator will support the implementation of accelerated education program and the provision of effective teaching of Greek as foreign language to refugees of (and/or temporary) international protection.
- Organizes and delivers classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluates students’ class work and assignments.
- Prepares classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Performs synchronous and asynchronous lessons via video-meeting platforms
- Records and maintains accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Develops lesson plans in line with project objectives.
- Maintains discipline in the classroom.
- Creates a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Adapts to emergencies and guidelines related to covid-19 pandemic according to the requirements of the government, project donor and legal framework.
- Undertakes any other tasks assigned by the ILC Coordinator / Educational Team Leader.
- University/college degree in Education or other related studies.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek.
- Specialization in intercultural education, and/or education of vulnerable groups and/or adult education strongly preferred.
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management.
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to culture, customs and way of life of beneficiaries.
- Excellent command in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Master’s degree in Intercultural Education and/or teaching the Greek language as a foreign language
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian language will be highly appreciated.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context under which the organization operates.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries whom the organization serves.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “EDUCATOR-04.2022” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 25/10/2022.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)