PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in
Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed term
Duration: until September 2021
Unit: Educational Programs
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
JOB VACANCY: INTEGRATION LEARNING CENTER (ILC) ASSISTANT / FRONT DESK (position code: ILC ASSISTANT_06/2021)
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, clearly stating the “ILC ASSISTANT_06/2021” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 29/08/2021.
Status: Full Time
Reports to the ILC Coordinator / Education Team Leader
The ILC Assistant/ Front Desk serves as a point of contact for the beneficiaries of the Integration Learning Centers per location. She/he plays an important role in the smooth and effective operation of the day-to-day operations of the Center, supporting in various ways, including communications, scheduling, data entry and secretarial services. The role of the ILC Assistant/ Front Desk involves a great deal of multitasking. S/he will interact with beneficiaries, staff and visitors in person and via email/ phone.
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure the Center’s smooth daily operation.
- Provides information about the Center and the program to beneficiaries as required
- Meets and greets beneficiaries in a warm and friendly manner.
- Books appointments and manages the Center’s daily/ weekly/ monthly calendar.
- Handles correspondence (phone/ email/ fax/ post).
- Handles communication with beneficiaries and staff of the ILC.
- Coordinates events/ classes/ meetings etc.
- Updates and maintains contact lists.
- Undertakes various tasks, such as logistics, administrative and HR in collaboration with the respective departments.
- Oversees the maintenance & purchases, storage & safety of the premises in collaboration with the ILC Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains effective filing systems, both electronically and hard-copy.
- Ensures that the reception area is kept neat and tidy.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the ILC Coordinator.
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Communications, Business Administration, Education and/or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in similar position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian and/or Education and/or client-oriented services.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, in person and over the phone.
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/ Kurmanji/ Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com
e-mail address, clearly stating the “ILC ASSISTANT_06/2021” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 29/08/2021.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of SolidarityNow and IOM and/or any other International Organizations (EU, UNHCR, UNICEF etc.)