PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: NON-FORMAL EDUCATION TEAM LEADER (position code: “NFE TL/023”)
Type of contract: Fixed-term, full-time
Location of work: Katerini, Greece
SHORT JOB SUMMARY
The NFE Team Leader will lead adaptive delivery of the “Helios 2” program strategy to improve literacy in Greek language and life skills of refugee adults through innovative non-formal, community-based education of intensive Greek language classes. The NFE Team Leader will lead the monitoring, evaluation, the design and the actual implementation of project’s educational activities. The NFE TL will plan and oversee the implementation of all NFE activities, will provide technical guidance and supervision to Perichoresis NGO and will engage with relevant stakeholders. Finally, the NFE TL is expected to give input on the M&E strategy and structures of Perichoresis NGO, especially related to complaint mechanisms and accountability.
- Lead in the daily management of all NFE activities in as per national and international standards and best practices, ensuring technical rigor and the consistent application of Perichoresis’ approaches, methods and tools.
- Conduct needs assessments to inform program design as well as identify risks and vulnerabilities, including those related to gender, age and diversity.
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of all NFE related organizational and project reports and staff contributions to organizational monitoring and evaluation requirements to ensure project quality, relevance and accountability to beneficiary populations.
- Ensure NFE staff have clear objectives, work plans and that performance evaluations are conducted on a regular basis.
- Ensure that ethical and statistically-sound data collection and protection-related information management systems are in place and used for analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy. This is done collaboratively with the M&E Officer.
- Maintain a budget overview of all NFE activities and collaborate regularly with the Finance Officer to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of funds
- Other duties as assigned.
- University/college degree in Education or other related studies
- One-two years working experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent command in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team and managing staff
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Structured and analytical way of thinking
- Previous working experience or volunteering in Non-Governmental Organizations will be considered as an additional asset
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of any second language
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com
e-mail address, clearly stating the “NFE TL/023”on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 21/07/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)