PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: EDUCATOR FOR GREEK LANGUAGE
(position code: GR-EDUCATOR-025)
Type of contract: Fixed-term – part-time (5 days – 4 hours per day)
Unit: Educational Programs
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Date of application submission: 30/09/2019
SHORT JOB SUMMARY
The Non-Formal Educator will support the implementation of accelerated education program and the provision of effective teaching of Greek as foreign language to refugees.
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Developing English lesson plans in line with programme’s objectives
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position
- Previous experience in working on educational projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to culture, customs and way of life of beneficiaries
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and/or Sorani language.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “GR-EDUCATOR-025” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to Sunday 30/09/2019
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)