PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
“HELIOS” INTEGRATION PROJECT
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Status: Full Time
Duration: until June 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Deadline for application submission: 28/03/2021
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com e-mail address, clearly stating the “ASO-03.2021” on the subject field.
JOB VACANCY: ADMIN & SUPPLY OFFICER (position code: ASO-03.2021)
The Admin and Supply Officer is a member of the operations team of the project. S/he serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments (Logistics, Human Resources, Finance) and external parties. S/he handles clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve office processes, ensuring organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the project in Katerini, Greece. Also, s/he is responsible for collecting all necessary information and data, update the project’s archives as requested.
- Provides logistical & admin support to the Project Manager.
- Places calls and writes letters to local & institutional authorities & other organizations.
- Contributes to the development of management, logistics, administrative and human resources tools and techniques for staff members.
- Responsible for purchases according to the Procurement guidelines.
- Communicates with vendors and service providers regarding the procurement of relevant supplies and receives information related to price quotes, available stock, vendor details, etc.
- Keeps electronic and hard copies of appropriate procurement documentation.
- Oversees the maintenance, purchases, storage & safety of the premises.
- Collaborates with Finance dept. regarding payments, purchase requests, etc.
- Assists and participates in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation and development of staff.
- Updates the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions, assisting with preparing annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs.
- Handles travel authorization forms & collects time sheets of staff.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Project Manager.
- University/college degree in Business Administration or Logistics.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in similar position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Knowledge of any second language.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context under which the organization operates.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries whom the organization serves.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “ASO-03.2021” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 28/03/2021.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)