PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: PROJECT MANAGER (position code: PROJECT-MANAGER-026)
The Project Coordinator is a member of the coordination team of the project and serves as a point of contact per each location. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of and the project, planning and follow up all activities, supervising the staff, and ensuring the smooth operation of the project.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed-term (part-time)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Deadline of application submissions: 30/09/2019
- Coordinates/manages the project’s operation on a daily basis and supervises the staff;
- Responsible for the daily schedule of staff, planning and conducting of classes, supervision of the Child Friendly Space (CFS) and reception of the Center;
- Mediates conflicts that arise among staff members and beneficiaries/ students;
- Plans and participates in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation and development of staff;
- Contributes to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff members;
- Produces progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensures that all project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Performs regular meetings with the team and represents Perichoresis in internal and external meetings/working groups;
- Maintains liaison and collaborative relationships with authorities, local actors and stakeholders;
- Oversees the maintenance, purchases, storage & safety of the premises;
- Participates in field trips and assessments;
- Undertakes any other tasks requested when the need arises.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Education;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in managerial/ coordination position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian and/or Education sector;
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment;
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated;
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership and excellent attention to detail;
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software;
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude;
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com
e-mail address, clearly stating the “PROJECT-MANAGER-026” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 30/09/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)