PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed term
Duration: until February 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Unit: Educational Programs
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Date of application submission: 19/11/2020
JOB VACANCY ILC COORDINATOR–EDUCATIONAL TEAM LEADER (pos. code: ILC COORDINATOR-EDUCATION TL-029)
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, clearly stating the “ILC COORDINATOR–EDUCATIONAL TEAM LEADER _11/2020” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 27/11/2020
Status: Full Time
Reports to the Project Manager
The ILC Coordinator and Educational Team Leader will lead adaptive delivery of the “Helios” program strategy to improve literacy in Greek language and life skills of refugee adults through innovative non-formal, community-based education of intensive Greek language classes. S/he will lead the monitoring, evaluation, the design and the actual implementation of project’s educational activities. S/he will plan and oversee the implementation of all educational activities, will provide technical guidance and supervision to Perichoresis NGO and will engage with relevant stakeholders.
- Daily management of all educational activities in accordance to national and international standards and best practices, complying to the technical analysis and constant application of approaches, methods and tools of Perichoresis.
- Ensures that the educational staff has clear goals, work plan and that staff evaluation takes place in a timely manner
- Conducts research towards updating the program as well as risk and weaknesses related to gender, age and diversity.
- Manages the education related budget in cooperation with the Finance Officer and the Project Manager
- Holds regular meetings with the team and represents the organization in internal and external meetings/ workgroups
- Maintains cooperative relationship with authorities, local actors and stakeholders.
- Handles feedback towards personnel related to the educational process (eg integration courses, RSC, absences..), ensures the keeping of the code of conduct and internal regulations as well as the donor’s requirements.
- Oversees processes regarding the safekeeping of the ILC space and makes sure all Covid-19 related measures are kept.
- Ensures systems are in place for ethical collection and safekeeping of data related to the analysis, planning and evaluation of the program in cooperation with the M&E and Administrative Officer
- Ensures the timely and well-done submission of reporting related to the educational activities and the contribution of the staff into meeting the requirements of monitoring and evaluation of the program ensuring the quality of the program and the service provided towards the needs of the beneficiary population.
- Constant communication with the Project Manager towards communicating educational needs and timely problem solving
- Responsible for crowd control and access to the ILC premises as well as safety and security of the property of the ILC, according to the existing laws concerning the pandemic preventive measures.
- Handles re-activations in the integration courses (i.e after Dormancy)
- Facilitates communication and information sharing between departments to insure a more positive work environment.
- Undertakes any other tasks required when the need arises in consultation with the Program Manager and the organization.
- University/college degree in Education and/ or Admimistrative Sciences
- One-two years working experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent command in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team and managing staff
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Structured and analytical way of thinking
- Previous working experience or volunteering in Non-Governmental Organizations will be considered as an additional asset
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Master degree in Business Administration and/ or Administration of
- Knowledge of any second language
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of SolidarityNow and IOM and/or any other International Organizations (EU, UNHCR, UNICEF etc.)