PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/ pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
“HELIOS” INTEGRATION PROJECT
Type of contract: Fixed term
Status: Full Time
Duration: until June 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria
Deadline of application submission: 28/02/2021
JOB VACANCY: FINANCE OFFICER (position code: FO-02.2021)
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com e-mail address, clearly stating the “FO-02.2021” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 28/02/2021.
Reports to the Project Manager
The Finance Officer performs reporting and budgeting activities, accounts receivable and grants administration. They will be responsible for project reporting and project expenditure. They will work closely with program leaders and other staff.
- Monitoring the bank account of the program;
- Matching project costs with the necessary supporting documents;
- Preparation and collection of financial project reports based on the requirements and regulations of the donor;
- Archiving of expenses, monitoring and cash fund agreement, monitoring of other suppliers, etc.;
- Support for budget revision procedures;
- Manages the education related budget in cooperation with the ILC Coordinator/ Educational Team Leader and the Project Manager;
- Monitoring of financial issues and requirements of the organization.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other related field;
- 3-4 years of work experience in a finance role;
- 3 years experience of at an NGO and/or European Programs management, budgeting and reporting;
- Excellent communication skills as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels;
- Good knowledge of latest Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends and double entry bookkeeping;
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software packages;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Professional attitude towards work;
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context in which the organization operates as well as to pandemic emergencies;
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries whom the organization serves.
- Knowledge of any second language;
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other related field;
- Knowledge of EnterSoft Accounting software.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above-mentioned deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of SolidarityNow and IOM and/or any other International Organizations (EU, UNHCR, UNICEF etc.)