EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME OF TEACHING ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: until 31/08/2019
Department: Educational Programmes
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
SHORT JOB SUMMARY
The English Foreign Language (EFL) Teacher’s main responsibility is to teach English to refugee adults, youth and children whose first or main language is not English. S/he will use a range of course books and materials, plus a variety of audio-visual aids, to encourage students to communicate with each other using the structures and vocabulary they’ve learnt and to improve the four basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. A strong emphasis is placed on dialogue and role-playing, but more formal exercises language games and literature are also used.
- Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Classroom management.
- Developing English lesson plans in line with programme’s objectives
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position
- Previous experience in working on educational projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to Arab culture, customs and way of life.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of any other language of Middle-East region
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “ENG-TEACHER-018” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to Tuesday 11/06/2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)