PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
INTERPRETER (position code: INT_01/2020)
Type of contract: Fixed-term – full-time contract
Duration of contract: until 30/04/2020 (with possibility of extension)
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Deadline of application submissions: 15/01/2020
- Facilitate discussions, using oral and/or written interpretation and/or translation.
- Facilitate communication between the beneficiaries and project staff to assist in the relief efforts
- Assist the organization in meeting the programmatic needs with the provision of interpretation services
- Translate texts and announcements related to the project
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position
- Previous experience in working in NGO will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic or Kurmanji or Sorani Good knowledge of English and/or Greek. Candidates with combined knowledge of multiple languages mentioned above are highly recommended to apply!
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to Arab and/or Kurdish culture, customs and way of life.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, clearly stating the “INT_04/2020” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 15/01/2020.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)