EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM “HELLIOS 2”
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: 6 months
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
SHORT JOB SUMMARY
The Interpreter will be responsible for accurate and effective interpretation and communication between Arabic and/or Kurdish and/or Sorani-speaking beneficiaries and PERICHORESIS NGO staff in order for the organization to better serve the specific subset of beneficiaries within the ongoing educational projects.
- Facilitate discussions, using interpretation and/or translation, oral and/or written, that every beneficiary is understanding, between beneficiaries and staff in order to help them understand the activities and the different type of services provided, their requests and needs’ fulfilment.
- Interpretation between beneficiaries, staff of PERICHORESIS NGO and Greek Authorities related to provision of educational support to refugees.
- Translate texts and announcements related to the educational project.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position
- Previous experience in working on educational projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and/or Sorani language. Good knowledge of English and/or Greek.
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to Arab culture, customs and way of life.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of any other language of Middle-East region
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “INTERPRETER EDU-013” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to Sunday 17/03/2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, Perichoresis has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)