PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: M&E and ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (position code: M&E and ADMIN-OFFICER-028)
The M&E and Administrative Officer is a member of the operations team of the project. S/he serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments (Log, HR, FIN) and external parties. S/he handles clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve office processes, ensuring organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the project in Katerini, Greece. Also, s/he is responsible for collecting all necessary information and data, update the project’s database, and prepare statistical and other reports as requested.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Deadline of application submissions: 30/09/2019
- Provides logistics & admin support to the Project Manager.
- Places calls and writes letters to local & institutional authorities & other organizations;
- Contributes to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff members;
- Responsible for purchases in coordination with the Procurement Department;
- Oversees the maintenance, purchases, storage & safety of the premises;
- Collaborates with Finance dept. regarding payments, purchase requests, etc.;
- Produces progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensures that all project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assists and participates in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation and development of staff;
- Updates the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions, assisting with preparing annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs;
- Mediates conflicts that arise among staff members and beneficiaries/ students;
- Handles travel authorization forms & collects time sheets of staff;
- Participates in field trips & assessments, as requested & directed by Project Coordinator;
- Responsible for the daily schedule of staff, planning and conducting of classes, supervision of the Child Friendly Space (CFS) and reception of the Center;
- Maintains liaison and collaborative relationships with authorities, local actors and stakeholders;
- Performs regular meetings with the team and represents Perichoresis in internal and external meetings/working groups;
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Project Manager.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Education;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in managerial/ coordination position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian and/or Education sector;
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment;
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated;
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership and excellent attention to detail;
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software;
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude;
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “M&E and ADMIN-OFFICER-028” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 30/09/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)