PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (position code: HR-009)
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: 30/06/2019
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
SHORT JOB SUMMARY
The HR Officer is responsible for managing and supporting the human resources of Perichoresis NGO. S/he takes an active role in achieving full compliance to the Greek Labor legislation, providing hands-on opinion in issues that may arise. S/he will be required to maintain ongoing personnel records for staff in high confidentiality and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). S/he reinforces the internal communication between staff and leadership through open communication channels and maintains excellent working relationships with both staff and higher management team.
- Manage job adverts and resume evaluation/shortlisting
- Conduct interviews with candidates and staff selection
- Coordinate staff training and evaluation procedure
- Create and enforce compliance with organizational chart and job descriptions
- Support in collecting HR payroll data and conduct final checks
- Manage staff hires, exits and contracts
- Manage HR-related staff issues in a timely-manner and professional behavior
- Keep electronic and physical HR staff archive
- University degree in Business Administration or other related studies
- One-two years working experience in similar position
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent command in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Structured and analytical way of thinking
- Previous working experience or volunteering in Non-Governmental Organizations will be considered as an additional asset
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of any second language
- Master’s degree in Human Resources Management
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “HR-009” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to Sunday 06/01/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.).