PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: FINANCE OFFICER (position code: FINANCE-OFFICER-027)
The Finance Officer performs reporting and budgeting activities, accounts receivable and grants administration. They will be responsible for project reporting and project expenditure. They will work closely with program leaders and other staff.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Deadline of application submissions: 30/09/2019
- Monitor closely the Grant Contract Requirements and Donors’ Templates;
- Support organization-wide donors’ budgeting and financial reporting through review of donor financial documents for accuracy, adherence to budgeting best practices, and indirect recovery;
- Provide info & revisions to the SN procedures & manuals;
- Prepare the Financial Reports & Documentation;
- Analyze and explain variances between forecasts, budget, and actual spent or/and unspent amounts;
- Communicate clearly with the program and operations team on the plant’s performance;
- Demonstrate understanding of source documentation, research variances, and propose corrections;
- Coordinate and participate in various auditing related activities to ensure proper controls and compliance with SN policies;
- Coordinate Inventory Reporting for assets;
- Support response to finance-related donors’ queries;
- Work with the department to prepare and manage the annual operating reporting;
- Submit Financial Reporting documentation whenever is requested by Project Guidelines;
- Assist when necessary to the bookkeeping of expenses and bank transactions;
- Performs checks in contracts connected to program and projects;
- Trains and informs existing and new staff on procedures, making sure that they are understood and adhered to according to each donor’s requirements, also keeping everyone updated on any changes to these.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any other related field (Master’s degree will be considered as an asset);
- 3-4 years of work experience in a finance role;
- Experience of at an NGO and/or European Programs, budgeting and reporting;
- Excellent communication skills as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels;
- Good knowledge of latest Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends and double entry bookkeeping;
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software packages (knowledge of Navision Accounting Software would be an asset);
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Professional attitude towards work.
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com
e-mail address, clearly stating the “FINANCE-OFFICER-027” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 30/09/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)