PERICHORESIS NGO MISSION STATEMENT
Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: EDUCATIONAL INTERPRETER (position code: EDU-INTERPRETER-030)
The Project Coordinator is a member of the coordination team of the project and serves as a point of contact per each location. They are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of and the project, planning and follow up all activities, supervising the staff, and ensuring the smooth operation of the project.
EDUCATIONAL PROJECT “HELIOS”
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
Deadline of application submissions: 30/09/2019
- Facilitate discussions, using interpretation and/or translation, oral and/or written, that every beneficiary is understanding, between beneficiaries and staff in order to help them understand the activities and the different type of services provided, their requests and needs’ fulfilment.
- Assist the NFE Team Leader in the provision of non – formal education by keeping attendances and any other data requested
- Translate texts and announcements related to the educational project.
- Previous working experience or volunteering in similar position
- Previous experience in working on educational projects will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and/or Sorani language. Good knowledge of English and/or Greek.
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Excellent multi-cultural knowledge related to Arab culture, customs and way of life.
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the firstname.lastname@example.org
e-mail address, clearly stating the “EDU-INTERPRETER-030” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 30/09/2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)