Perichoresis NGO is a humanitarian and non-profit association, based on volunteerism. Association’s fundamental principles are philanthropy and social & religious humanism based on Christian ideals, as mentioned in Holy Bible. Perichoresis NGO mission is the alleviation of human hardship regardless of ethnicity, race and creed. Perichoresis’ vision is to EMBRACE every destitute fellow human being and encompass all people, both native and foreign, in the SPIRIT of INCLUSION, providing protection, accommodation, medical/pharmaceutical care, legal support, social inclusion and educational programmes.
JOB VACANCY: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (position code: ADMIN-022)
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Location of work: Katerini, Pieria, 601 34
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, HR and logistical support to Perichoresis NGO Programmes and Operations departments. S/he will support the various departments of Perichoresis NGO depending on the daily administrative needs that may arise. In details, s/he will provide assistance to HR department for the administration of paperwork, archiving of documents, supporting the staff in completing HR forms and documentation and organizing the orientation of new staff. Additionally, s/he will be the focal point of communication between the counseling center and main office in terms of procurement of consumables, equipment etc. and distribution of HR-related documentation. Finally, s/he will be the key person to manage the Goods and Property report, gathering all information of moving items between the apartments, the warehouse, counseling center and office.
- Assist with communication from the office (appointments, reports, equipment provision).
- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistical support – including the handling of travel requests and accommodation and meals for events.
- Ensure availability of office stationery, supplies etc.
- Keep inventory and manage maintenance of office equipment.
- Handle telephone calls, receive and assist visitors to the office.
- Update and disburse office contact list.
- Assist HR department with collection and archiving of documentation such as contracts, legal docs, timesheets, payslips etc.
- Get quotes for potential purchases for office and counseling center.
- Assist in procuring items for UNHCR Estia Project through market search per Perichoresis NGO Procurement Policy.
- Communicate with apartment owners for renting, maintenance works, renew apartments’ insurance, contract management for apartments and other rented buildings.
- Update daily the Good and Property Report for tracking asset movements between apartments, office, warehouse and counseling center.
- Keep, update and ensure confidentiality of procurement archive (quotes, invoices, suppliers’ information, tender documents etc.)
- Assist Warehouse Clerk in conducting Physical Stock Report in the warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One-two years working experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent command in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaboration, coordination and behavioral skills in working within a team
- Ability to work under stressful situations and take initiatives, ability to organize and supervise, problem-solving skills in everyday situations which include crisis management
- Structured and analytical way of thinking
- Agape, solidarity and empathy to the beneficiaries that the organization is serving
- Knowledge of any second language
- Previous working experience or volunteering in Non-Governmental Organizations will be considered as an additional asset
- Flexibility and adaptability to the fluid context that the organization is operating
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION SUBMISSION
All interested parties are called to send their resume in Greek and/or English through the email@example.com e-mail address, clearly stating the “ADMIN-022” on the subject field. The application submission deadline is set to 23 / 07 / 2019.
Any selected candidate will receive information and will be required to comply with the internal operation guidelines and code of conduct of PERICHORESIS NGO, along with any future delivered guidelines of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and/or any other International Organizations (EU, IOM, UNICEF etc.)